| || |
The page is under construction!
You can help by adding necessary information and images. Or you can wait for someone to fix it.
The Blangonga is a Pelagus-type monster that inhabits the Snowy Mountains. As the alpha-male of the pack, the Blangonga is twice as large as the average Blango with a much more aggressive temperament. Its strong, muscled limbs allow it to run and leap at a startling speed, and its powerful roar can catch hunters unawares without adequate hearing protection. By calling out to its pack, the Blangonga can summon Blangos to fight beside it in battle. Its deadly speed can bewilder the novice hunter, as they can perform a dive that can send them rolling into their foes and deal out massive damage. Blangongas can break ice at their feet and hurl it at hunters to inflict a Snowman status, or break it into ice shrapnel that can send foes flying.
- Breaking its fangs with Fire weapons causes its Roar to become ineffective.
- The fangs can only be broken with Fire Element.
- After the fangs are broken, its roars will no longer summon Blangos.
- In the Monster Hunter Orage manga, a Blangonga is seen chasing three hunters for a brief moment.
- Blangongas are related to its desert-dwelling cousin, Copper Blangonga.
- Another weakness sign signalling a capture that a Blangonga shows is that, its cheek will turn from light blue to dark blue.
- To make a Blangonga drop a shiny, stay in the same area as him without being noticed. After some time, he will stop and dig the snow, dropping the item right after.
- Blangonga has the habit of 'cleaning/rubbing' his face, doing so will remove the tracking affect of a paint ball.
- When a Blangonga summons a Blango, the Blango has a new ability. It can throw snowballs or ice balls at hunters, but since it is the smaller version of the Blangonga's ice floor throw, it won't activate the Snowman status effect.
- Blangos summoned by a Blangonga disappear if the area is left and re-entered. However, Blangos that were originally there will remain unless killed.