|English Name||Currently Unknown|
|Description and Information|
|Weakness Sign||Dig underground|
|Signature Move||Leech attack|
|Habitats||Deserted Island, Flooded Forest, Tundra, Sandy Plains, Volcano.|
|Monster in Relation||N/A|
|First Appearance||40px (2009)|
|First JP Appearances||40px (2009)|
|Last Appearances||40px (2013)|
Giggi are the small leech-like larvae of the Gigginox.
Spawning from large, organic globules (egg cases) in dark caves, they exhibit unique behavior. When the torch is drawn, they retreat in fear; however, when the torch is extinguished, they slowly follow hunters and latch onto them, constantly draining "blood", doing damage similar to the poison effect, and must be "shaken" off. If a Giggi sucks a significant amount of health off the victim, it will be able to do a poison spit. Many hunters find that Giggis are a pain when gathering resources or fighting other monsters.
- Giggi are the only monster in Monster Hunter 3 to inflict the new Life Drain status. To cancel this, just roll/dodge 1 to 4 times to have Giggi fall off.
- As a Giggi sucks the hunter's blood, it starts to increase in size, but will only reach a certain body mass.
- Giggi can be found in every environment in Monster Hunter 3, but its adult form, Gigginox, can only be found in the Tundra.
- Despite not having wings or legs, Giggi are still classified as Flying Wyverns.
- If a Giggi is not shaken off it may inflict the hunter with poison.
- When hit twice with a torch, Giggi will flee by hiding underground.