| || |
The page is under construction!
You can help by adding necessary information and images. Or you can wait for someone to fix it.
Hypnocatrice is a small-sized Bird Wyvern possessing orange feathers. It is equipped with a sleeping sac that can put hunters and other monsters to sleep. Hypnocatrice is mainly found in the Great Forest.
Hypnocatrice's Sleep Gas is capable of putting other creatures to sleep, including Velocipreys, Hermitaurs and even other Hypnocatrice. Compared to other Bird Wyverns, it has more control of its body movements. Its fighting style is very similar to the Yian Kut-Ku's, but much deadlier and more accurate. It has an attack where it jumps repeatedly at the hunter, attacking with its claws, inflicting surprising damage. When nearing death Hypnocatice's tail feathers start to droop.
- Along with Lavasioth, Hypnocatrice is one of the only monsters originally exclusive to Monster Hunter Frontier to make it into the Western MH Series.
- If Hypnocatrice jumps more than twice in its Jumping Attack, it will Taunt at the end.
- Hypnocatrice was the target in the easiest quest of the PSN demo for Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.
- In Monster Hunter Frontier, they can be found in the Desert.
- There are minor differences between Hypnocatrice in Monster Hunter Frontier and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite:
- In MHFU, its back feathers are rainbow-coloured.
- Lower ranked Hypnocatrice in Frontier does not use the jump kick, but instead has an upward Sleep Gas attack that Hypnocatrice does not do in MHFU.
- Hypnocatrice's only breakable part is its beak.
- It probably got its name from 2 different words. One is "Hypnos" which is the Greek God of sleep. The other is "Cockatrice." The Cockatrice is a Wyvern with a rooster's head. We take "Hypno" from Hypnos and "Ckatrice" from Cockatrice and take away the "K" and we get "Hypnocatrice".
- When in rage mode, Hypnocatrice's tail feathers will stand up more prominently, unless near death.