| || |
The page is under construction!
You can help by adding necessary information and images. Or you can wait for someone to fix it.
Lavasioth is a Piscine Wyvern with rock hard scales. Glowing magma aurates from veins in its body. It lives in volcano zones where it can freely swim in the lava. Its attacks and movements are vaguely similar to those of a Plesioth and Blos-type wyverns. It can fire huge balls of magma at hunters; when these hit the ground, they scatter into smaller molten rocks which can still do considerable damage. Lavasioth can also jump up and slam itself down on the ground - this attack is very powerful. Another attack is the 'Sliding U Turn'. It will slide bodily across the floor towards hunters, but after missing can turn around and slide at hunters again, with pin-point accuracy.
Lavasioths are featured in Monster Hunter Frontier. It was first released in the game to be hunted on August 8, 2007. They also make an appearance in Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.
In Monster Hunter Frontier 8.0, it gains a new attack in which it stands up tall and spits several fireballs into the air, which fall down onto hunters.
- Its head and back fins are breakable.
- Lavasioth is weakest to cutting damage on the stomach, and impact damage on the back.
- It is easy to notice when it is weak enough to capture; the layer of flowing lava on its body will disappear.
- Like the Plesioth, its areas are limited. It can only move between areas 9 and 10 in the Volcano.
- It can chain up to 4 body slams, most often when it is in rage.
- Lavasioth's Hip Check is blockable, but even if blocked the Hunter will still take damage (even if they are using Guard +2).