| || |
The page is under construction!
You can help by adding necessary information and images. Or you can wait for someone to fix it.
Plesioth are large Piscine Wyverns commonly found in jungles and desert water caves. Plesioth have shiny blue scales and heads shaped like that of sharks. They are commonly seen in the water, but have adapted legs for hunting. When weakened, the Plesioth's top fin flattens against their back.
Due to its aquatic nature, the Plesioth spends a lot of its time in the water, making it difficult for Blademasters to attack. However, there are a few ways to lure the monster out of its domain. The most common way is throwing a Sonic Bomb; this will make the Plesioth jump with surprise and it will usually leap out of the water afterwards. However, Sonic Bombs don't work 100% of the time, and automatically send the Plesioth into Rage Mode. Gunners can shoot Crag S to trigger the same effect. Another method would be to fish it out, using Frogs as bait. This method can only be done if the Plesioth is calm and not engaged in a battle with a hunter.
- The Plesioth can be fished out with a Frog in certain areas, dealing damage.
- The dorsal fin can be broken by hitting the Plesioth in the belly.
- When near death, Plesioth won't enter rage mode if affected by a Sonic Bomb's sound.
- When near death, Plesioth will put its dorsal fin down.
- If killed in water, the Plesioth will sink and then come back up and float on the surface; of course, doing this means no carves are possible.
- Beware of the Plesioth's shoulder/hip attack, as it can hit and damage you even when you are on the other side of the direction of the attack.
- Plesioth returns in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, where the hunter is able to fight it underwater as well as on land.
- In Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, the Plesioth will lower its fins when hungry. After it regains stamina or becomes enraged, it will raise its fins again. When close to death it will actually limp instead of lowering its fins.
- In Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, the fin on Plesioth's head, and on its wings can now be broken in addition to its main dorsal fin.
- As of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Flash Bombs will work against Plesioth.