| || |
The page is under construction!
You can help by adding necessary information and images. Or you can wait for someone to fix it.
A subspecies of Qurupeco that dwells in subtropical zones, such as the Volcano and the Flooded Forest. Unlike the normal variety, this subspecies is red and blue in color. The flints are unique to this subspecies.
Instead of generating an explosion of fire, the flints spark together to create a large shock of electricity, capable of inflicting Thunderblight. This may be possible by using its unique wing talons and electrically conductive mucus. It is also capable of creating a bright flash, like Gypceros, to temporarily blind the hunter and any other monsters in the area at the time. Unlike the normal Qurupeco, this subspecies has a roar that requires the Earplugs Skill to block.
Its vocal sac is not clearly visible under normal conditions; however, it is apparent when the Qurupeco is performing a vocal. Like the original Qurupeco, this monster can give a heal or an attack or defense boost to the monsters around it. If interrupted during its song, either by a Sonic Bomb or dealing enough damage to the throat sac, Qurupeco's heal or boost can be applied to the hunters and their allies. One of its new abilities is a song which makes the monsters it summons instantly enter Rage mode.
It also seems that it is larger and more aggressive than the regular Qurupeco. The Qurupeco Supsecies is also know to call both the green and the regular Nargacuga.
- It will generate a disorienting flash much like that of a Gypceros when it assumes a certain posture and after three "clicks."
- If both flints are broken, it takes five "clicks" to create its flash, giving more time to hunters to evade or block it.
- The flashes it generates also disorients nearby monsters, may it be minions or boss monsters.
- Red Qurupeco has the ability to summon more than one boss monster during a quest.
- The Qurupeco Subspecies can summon Furogi, Ludroth, Tigrex Subspecies, Rathalos, Nargacuga Subspecies, Aoashira, Deviljho, Royal Ludroth Subspecies, and Stygian Zinogre.
- There is a event quest where the Qurupeco Subspecies is much smaller than normal, much like the individual mini monsters in previous Monster Hunter games (like Yian Kut-Ku and Khezu). In addition to that, it can call a tiny Uragaan, quite similar to the one from the Phantom Uragaan Event Quest in Monster Hunter Tri.
- Qurupeco Subspecies and its original counterpart can make hunters fall asleep in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.